Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Altered Clipboard




For a while now I have been thinking about having a "personal" clipboard with me when I go into my classrooms for substitute teaching. On most days I carry around the teacher's plans strategically mapping every minute of our day. On a few occassions I have set the plans down only to have a minor panic attack when I forgot where I placed them. And, of course, I could never let the children "see me sweat." So then I have to casually look around until I find them. Well, to avoid that situation, a few weeks ago, I began using a classroom clipboard to clip my plans onto and then I carry the clipboard around and it seems to be much easier to keep up with. Well today, a friend and I went to a new A.C. Moore store and I spied this awesome ready-to-be-altered clipboard - it's really nice and LARGE!!! I also found some neat Junkitz brand "school" paper to give it that cool "doodled" look. Tonight, I had a good time putting it together using Mod Podge, chipboard letters, ribbon and a few epoxy embellishments. I can't wait to use it next week. Look out 3rd grade, here I come!