Friday, March 21, 2008

Decorated Gum Holder


Another quick project I finished this week included a decorated gum holder for a teacher friend. I subbed for 3 days this week in a third grade class. Even though I have been with this class many times, they are one of my favorites, I called on the suite-mate teacher quite often for questions about this or that...she was a tremendous amount of help and never made me feel like I was being a bother. Anyways, I thought I would give her a little treat Thursday morning. (I'm not sure, but I think she is a health nut, and I've noticed that she chews gum quite a bit, so I thought this gum holder would be the perfect thing to give her.) Inside this wrap is a package of sugar-free Eclipse gum. I didn't take a picture of the back, but I stamped a "Happy Easter" tag using one of my Michael's dollar stamps. This was something I put together in less than 5 minutes before heading off to school that morning. When I gave it to her she was surprised and it made her smile!