Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Speedy Delivery



This package came together in literally 5 minutes. It all started when I wanted to make something for a student I was teaching the very next day and I was running out of time on a school night. Abby was waiting patiently for me to tuck her in to bed and it was already almost 9:00 p.m. I pieced this package together using the Mini M&Ms candy roll as a template. I went to a pad of birthday celebration paper I had and found two "boyish" looking die cuts which I jazzed up using my trusty gel pen. I also added some quick machine stitching using my sewing machine. The gingham ribbon was the final touch even though Abby didn't "care for it." Poor guy, he was having a birthday and his teacher was out of town. I didn't want him to come in and not have something sitting on his desk to tell him he was "special."