Thursday, March 13, 2008

A Tisket, A Tasket, A Pretty Easter Basket


Here's a photo of the kindergarten Easter "Basket" I just whipped up. I'm not sure if these are going to "make the cut" or not, but I just went with the idea in my head. The children painted the cans today and I added the paper grass, cut out eggs (which the kids can decorate) and punched the holes for the handles. My daughter did not especially love the fabric handle I created, but I thought it was a cheaper alternative to ribbon and prettier than wire. I will show Abby's teacher tomorrow to see what she thinks. I think the top of the can needs some additional decoration of some kind, painted suns, flowers, or maybe even the child's name...but I had to stop myself from getting too carried away - it's their craft keepsake, not mine!