Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Baby Bib Designs


Well, I am getting more and more comfortable with my sewing machine, so I decided to whip up these little infant bibs as a gift to my daughter's reading teacher. She is due the first of June with her second child, a boy. I found the idea for the bibs in one of my new books, "Bend the Rules Sewing" however, I loaned it out. I remembered what kind of fabric to buy, cotton for one side and cotton flannel for the second side so I picked up some for a really cheap price. While I was home this past Sunday I found a really cute pattern on-line for these particular bibs. I certainly hope the neck area is big enough - I think we forget how really small those little babies can be. Anyways, I decided to make three bibs, including one using the reverse fabric as the front side to which I hand stitched an "I" for the baby's name. I also used velcro for the closure instead of snap buttons which I did not have. Now I need to get moving on a decorated bag to put them in. See you later!