Sunday, August 17, 2008

Clearly Inspirational



I made a clear card this morning for a teacher friend of mine who is expecting her first baby. I thought I would put something together a little non-traditional. I've had these transparent sticker sheets for a while now and they jumped out at me this morning while I was looking for a little inspiration. So, I grabbed my stash of transparency paper and put together this really adorable card, my first clear card. It's really easy, just cut the transparency to size, score the fold and back the inside with a colored paper so that your embellishment (mine being a transparent sticker) still shows visibly from the front. I found that if I went with a colored paper on the inside of the card it would have altered the color of my little bird and I didn't want to go in that direction. I also used a "Congratulations" rub-on and embellished it with a few stick on gems. I used a vellum sticky-dot adhesive to adhere the white cardstock to the transparency (from the back so it didn't show). I hope she likes it!

No comments: