Sunday, August 24, 2008

Homemade Goodness





We tried our hand this morning at cooking up some homemade donuts. Well, not really homemade, when you consider they are made from pre-formed biscuit dough....but who really has an extra hour or so in the morning to wait for dough to rise? Anyways, this recipe was shown on the Paula Deen show a few days ago. We went to Publix and got the same biscuits she used. After we rolled them out and punched small holes in the middle using my apple coring tool, we fried them up at 350 degrees for about 3-4 minutes each. After they cooled off a bit I dunked some in powdered sugar and then glazed some with a sugar+milk icing. Well, I can honestly say I've never tasted a "bad" donut and these sure were yummy.....but right now my walking shoes are calling me because I'm going l-e-a-n for the rest of the day. Try some, you'll like them!

No comments: