Sunday, September 7, 2008

Goodwill Thrill


Last Monday I decided to hit the Goodwill store for an easy 30-minute escape from the huge list of chores and errands I had to do. There's something about garage sales, flea markets and thrift stores that just give me a huge rush....what's going to be there?...what are you going to find?...how cheap are you going to get it for?...what are you going to buy that you really don't need but can't pass up because it's so cheap?....all those questions race through my head the minute I walk up to one. Anyways, back to last Monday....I was at the check out and got by pretty cheap by only spending $3.00+ for a few little things. As I chatted with the lady behind me in line about the glorious "new" bike she had found for $15 she mentioned that they were bringing in lots of great stuff and, in fact, this was her second trip that day. As I headed out the door a little voice inside my head said, "Hmmm...perhaps they brought out some stuff while you were standing in line, you'd better go back and take a quick peek." When I did I couldn't believe what I found. They brought in this really pretty distressed white hutch that ended up being the perfect size for a small wall space in my kitchen. (Luckily, my husband was home so he could check the measurements for me.) Very rarely do I find something that does not need any tweeking and this was perfect, as is! I couldn't believe the steal of a price for only $49!! I'm so glad I listened to that voice inside my head.

No comments: