Sunday, February 8, 2009

Craft Cabinet Re-Do

I think in a previous post I showed you all the interior of this white cabinet. It holds all of the craft supplies my daughters are allowed to use, on their own, without asking for permission. My stuff, now that's a different story. This cabinet holds plenty of stuff: rubber stamps, paint and brushes, books, felt, foam and pom poms, glue, glitter, beads, etc. I actually lucked out and found the cabinet in the trash and I knew exactly what I was going to do with it.
The front of the cabinet was a little roughed-up, but I quickly disguised it by using some Pottery Barn art clips a friend gave me. You can see 1 of 3 still left on the front of the right door. Well, the other day I was browsing for a birthday gift at Michael's and I came across an entire row of new products designed around a line of chalkboard paints they are now carrying. Lots of really cute colors including, pink, orange and the traditional black. I went back with a 50% off coupon and purchased a container of the black-colored paint for $3.50 (regular price is $6.99).
My husband was kind enough to paint the doors for me and then he added a little bit of trim, which was less than $10 and now we have a new craft cabinet! My girls saw it soon after it was done and immediately added the smiley face and cupcake. BTW, I added the carrot knobs after we got the cabinet. I found them at a discount store for $1.00/each. I didn't like the cheapy plastic knobs it came with. Now what am I going to do with the Pottery Barn art clips? Anyone interested?

No comments: