Thursday, February 12, 2009

Lip Lollipops

My daughter requested these chocolate lollipops for her Valentine classroom treat. They are a cinch to make so I happily obliged! I used the Wilton red chocolate melting wafers. I put a small amount in a glass bowl and heated it in the microwave for 1 minute. Stir the wafers while they are hot and then spoon the chocolate into these candy mold trays and add a lollipop stick. I find that using an off-set spatula (pictured) is the best way to flatten the back and scrape off the excess chocolate. Next, they go in the refrigerator for about 15 minutes.
Once you pop them out they are shiny and gorgeous! I lay them out on wax paper just so they can come to room temperature before I package them.
To prepare them for the Valentine exchange, I packaged them in lollipop bags and attached a foil closure to keep the bag sealed. This was an easy afternoon treat!


1 comment:

Rachel@oneprettything.com said...

These are fabulous! Kids would have so much fun with these!