Monday, March 2, 2009

Cakester Coverups

I just finished putting together 18 of these "Cakester Coverups." One of my girls is celebrating her 9th birthday this week and we decided to go very simple for her classroom treats. Actually, her class is in the middle of major testing this week, I'm subbing in 2nd grade and I've also got a really great sewing project "in the works" for her birthday party on Saturday [pictures coming soon]. So, while we were at the store yesterday picking out some treats, she decided she wanted to pass out Oreo Cakesters.
I couldn't just hand them out "as is" so I took a little bit of time this morning and covered them up with some patterned paper and punched out embellishments.
They were so easy and came together really quickly. The pattern I used measures: 5 1/8" by 7 1/2". I love decorating treats for the kids!

No comments: