Monday, March 30, 2009

Made to Order

Remember this post? Well, my neighbor saw the books I made for Cayla's birthday party and and she asked me if I would make one for each of her grandchildren. Of course I said, "Sure!"

I sent her to the fabric store to purchase the fabric and this is what I came up with.
I just love the big, juicy flower on this one.

And this one is obviously for a boy who loves "Pirates of the Caribbean" so I decided to go with the cross bones...because making a template for a skull sounded a little too difficult. Of course, I wish I could have cut the pirates to lie in the correct position, left to right, but using exactly 1/2 a yard of fabric only allows for the pattern to be cut one way so that the pieces all fit. That's why I prefer those all-over designs, there's no right-way or wrong-way.

No comments: