Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Up for Another Challenge

Dawn McVey posted her second challenge this week on her blog HERE. The great thing about participating in these kinds of challenges for me is, I usually work with different combinations of colors, something new...and, I usually end up using something from my stash that would otherwise be sitting around "until I got around to it."
As you can see, the challenge colors for this week are...Brown, Teal, White and Celery.

And, here's what I came up with:
I needed to make a card for my Sister-in-law's birthday, so I used the challenge colors to get me started. I also used my new "Trendy Trees" stamp set from Stampin' Up. I love these simple designs.

Here's a close up:
The patterned paper is from (green) DCWV and (blue) Making Memories. The scalloped rectangle is a die from Nestabilities. The tree stamp is from Stampin' Up and the birthday sentiment is from Hero Arts. I love the simpleness of it. Thanks for taking a look!

2 comments:

{PurpleD} said...

So sweet and springy!

Joshua Jiraffe Designs said...

Like how you pulled all the colors together...very fresh and crisp. I like it!