Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Glitter Me Pretty

I'll admit, I'm not a real "glitter" person...sometimes it's just too messy to deal with. But...this morning I found a quick tutorial on how to heat up your brads using a heat gun and then coloring them using embossing powder and glitter. Well, I tried it and....it didn't work. So, while I was working on this card, I decided to use another quick go-to method to make my own glittered brad embellishments. Here's the finished card:

And here's the tag close-up which shows my new brad...which started out as a boring, white brad:

The steps to make your own are easy-peasy.

All I did was take my brad, and using a pair of scrap tweezers and a Q-tip, I painted the flat side of the brad with Mod-Podge. After the brad was "painted" with the Mod Podge, I dipped it into my glitter bottle using my tweezers. (I'm using Making Memories glitter and the bottle has a very small neck.)

Once you've done that, just lay the brad on a scrap piece of paper and let it dry for 5 minutes. That's it! Now you can customize your plain brads using your glitter stash.



Supplies: Paper - blue & patterned: DCWV, die cuts: Sizzix, ribbon: Offray, stamped sentiment: Kitchen Sink Stamps

No comments: