Tuesday, April 7, 2009

This Challenge was a Real Challenge

Dawn's Challenge #3 this week was a real challenge! Although I could totally see using these colors as fabric elements in a room I had a hard time using them on a card. Once again, that's why these challenges are so great, because I would have never picked them out myself.
Here's what I came up with:

I am loving my new Sizzix Big Shot machine and used it to create these pink swirls. I went back to my trusty ole' original Sizzix machine to cut out the Nestabilities circles as well as for the embossing on the kraft cardstock (using my Cuttlebug Swiss Dot embossing folder).

The date circle is a rub-on from Creative Cafe, the butterfly punch is from Martha Stewart crafts and the flower punch is from EK Success. The last detail I added was a pearl center in each flower (and on the butterfly). (Sorry, I can't remember what company these are from.)
My sentiment will be stamped on the inside.
Thanks for looking!

1 comment:

Terri Trotter Earley said...

Nice pearl accents. You rocked this challenge!

It's a good life!
Terri E.