Sunday, May 3, 2009

Post-Card Style Invitation

I made a few invitations yesterday for some new ladies joining our PFA group. I wanted to keep things really simple since there were 9 to make, but my first attempt didn't work, and after a bit of struggling to come up with another concept, using what I had, this is the final product.
I made the design a post-card style invitation using kraft cardstock and a some extra patterned papers I had on hand. (The invitation information is actually inside the little purple card attached to the larger card front.)

I found out I didn't have a "You're Invited" stamp so I went with the "Little Somethin" design from Stampin' Up. I also used my new "Little Leaves" sizzlit from Stampin' Up.

Another thing I tried, but for some reason it didn't want to cooperate, was a zig zag stitch on my sewing machine. I thought it would add a nice detail to the bottom kraft strip. But, sometimes you just "gotta go with the flow." Also, I find that sometimes with me, the simple things don't work well....I'm a detail person and I can't help it.

No comments: