Thursday, May 28, 2009

'Round your Wrist

A few weekends ago we went to an outside arts market and I found this brown beauty, it's called a "Wristlet" purse:
This lady's booth had lots of yummy creations made from fabric and I immediately fell in love with this one. It was actually something she had in her "oops" pile because there were a few minor things wrong with it, so she said. Anyways, I thought for $2 it was a great deal. I loved it, I could use it (for its intended purpose) AND I could possibly use it to make a pattern to make a few more for myself and for friends!!
Yesterday [and today] I worked, I cut, I sewed, and I came up with this lovely creation!! I had a plentiful supply of this fabric in my stash, so I thought it would be a good one to start out with. This is the front shot, and as you can see, I added a fabric flower embellishment.
Here's a shot of the inside:
I must admit, this was definitely not a beginner's project - and I AM a beginner! I had to use my trusty husband and my Mom to figure out the whole inside liner design as well as the handy-dandy little pocket on the front. That booger is the hardest thing of all to do....
I made a tutorial (for my own recollection) and may post it in a few days if you are interested just leave a comment and let me know! I can't wait to make a few more.

1 comment:

House of Smiths said...

Ooo, How cute! I love this idea! Too bad I'm totally not a sewer! lol.
I just wanted to drop in and say thanks for stopping by my Wonderfully Wordy blog and taking a look around! It's always nice to have new visitors!
Thanks again.
Shelley Smith
wonderfullywordy.blogspot.com