Saturday, July 4, 2009

2 New Pages

We've spent part of our holiday today cropping in the scrapbook room. I've been wanting to work in the album that my sister gave me to celebrate my 40th year. Here's a picture of the album she made....and here's my first layout:
We had a fun day shopping at Ikea & Millenia Mall as well as lunch at Panera's.

Here's the second layout I finished this morning:
And here's the close up:
I went to my paper drawer and cut some random strips and then used my sewing machine to add stitching to a few strips. I also went to my "fancy fiber" jar and added some of my favorite fibers which included a piece of pink rick-rack, a green puffy fiber and these pretty red pom poms. I cut the stars out using a set of quilting stencils. The pink scalloped edge is from SU's edge punch. The banner flags were cut out using bits of scraps and my trusty ole' Fiskars scissors. The letter die cuts are from SU's Billboard Sizzix strip die which I just got yesterday.
(As usual, you can click on the pictures to see them larger.)
This layout was a little time consuming, but I'm pleased with the result. Now I'm off to get some goodies for our celebratory dinner!

No comments: