Thursday, July 2, 2009

Baby Gifts in Double-Time

I made a double set of these burp cloths for two ladies I know having baby boys this summer. I found this idea from Susan Weinroth's blog and her link to the Fiskars site. The idea was fairly simple and my sewing machine was already threaded with white thread, so I went to town on these yesterday.

The first set is made using a blue & white soft fleece, a yellow gingham and a cute animal print.
Once the set was completed, I stacked them up and tied them together using a yellow ribbon and an embellished tag. I used some scraps from the fabric and cut two easy stars which were topped with a button. I also used a stamped sentiment from a SU stamp set called "Short & Sweet."
And here's the second set I made using a cute patterned fabric along with a blue & white polka dot and a green stripe. I think this one is my favorite!
I put it together using a white ribbon and a similar tag embellishment.
If you need specific directions just let me know. This was an easy afternoon project and I think the results are pretty cute. I found my cloth diapers at Target--- 6/$6.99.

No comments: