Thursday, July 30, 2009

Cuttlebug Challenge #42

The latest Cuttlebug Challenge (#42) was to make a gatefold card, based on a theme celebrating National Friendship Week and using one of your favorite embossing folders. I decided to keep things simple last night and put together this card using my Swirls embossing folder:
I acutally made a sleeve from K&Co. polka dot paper that slides off to open the card. I added the scallop edge using my favorite Stampin' Up edge punch. The clouds were cut free-hand out of plain white cardstock.

Once I decided on a theme of light blue, yellow and white clouds I thought a rainbow seemed appropriate. I went to my stash of flat gems and came up with this pattern...and then I added the pretty yellow button to resemble a sun.

Here's the close up of the outside:
And, for the inside, I used my Spellbinders Labels One die to cut the K&Co. red patterned cardstock and then I added a striped patterned paper to the middle. The sentiment reads: "Just when my life needed a touch of color, you added a rainbow."

The butterflies are from Martha Stewart's punch and the gems are from K&Co. also.
And here's a close-up of the inside:
The samples from Cuttlebug's design team were awesome!!! And, although I decided to keep my contribution simple this time, no sewing or stamping, I am pleased with the result. I hope you enjoyed it! I have really enjoyed participating in this dynamic challenge group.

9 comments:

Jenn K said...

Wonderful card! Thanks for joining us on the cuttlebug challenge blog.

Karen said...

Love the simplicity of your gatefold card and the colors are beautiful. Fabulous card and thanks for playing along on the Cuttlebug Challenge Blogspot!

Karen

Cassie said...

oh - how i ♥♥♥ this!!
love the rainbow from the gems - great idea!! and the clouds look so divine!
thanks for playing at CBC!
http://www.cuttlebugchallenge.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Fabulous card...those clouds are just too cute!!
thanks for playing along with us this week!!
**Jackie**
http://cuttlebugchallenge.blogspot.com

Shantaie said...

I LOVE that bling rainbow! your clouds are so dreamy! Thanks for playing along at cuttlebug challenge blog happy creating~Shantaie

Kim Sonksen said...

So pretty. I am digging the clouds!

Anonymous said...

I `Love` your beautiful card Those clouds are`gorgeous`
Thanks for joining in with the Cuttlebug Challenges..:)
`Good Luck`...
`Enjoy` the rest of your weekend.
Terrie
http//cuttlebug.blospot.com/

June Houck said...

Cute idea! I like the clouds and rainbow :) Thanks for playing along with us.

June Houck
Proud DT member @ Cuttlebug Challenge blog
http://cuttlebugchallenge.blogspot.com/

Michelle said...

this is an adorable challenge card!
Thanks for playing along this week at the cuttlebug challenge blog!
michelle.
http://www.cuttlebugchallenge.blogspot.com/