Sunday, September 6, 2009

Moxie Fab World - Beatin' the Deadline

Moxie Fab World's "Stamping Challenge" was so much fun for me! I came up with this idea last night....I was inspired by the really cute Rusty Pickle mitten paper you can see here in the background:
To begin, I cut a mitten shape out of chipboard and then traced each mitten onto smooth white cardstock. Next, I used my Stampin' Up ink pads in shades of Ruby Red and Tempting Turquoise along with the Polka Dot Basics stamp set from Papertrey Ink. To finish the mittens I used a Creative Memories journalling pen and some red pom pom trim.
I "hung" the mittens using some American Crafts ribbon and attached the "line" using two mini plastic clothespins. To finish the card, I went to my Simple Alphabet stamp set (also from PTI) and stamped the sentiment, "Cold hands but warm hearts." I also used my white gel pen to add a faux stitched edge. The patterned paper is from Hobby Lobby and the green card base is from DCWV.

Next up is my entry in the "Classy & Elegant" category. This style was a little bit harder for me to design, but here's what I came up with: My first thought was to go with grey, black and cream and then I decided to throw in the butterscotch color with the grossgrain ribbon. The grey cardstock is from DCWV and the black is from Bazzill. I also used my Fiskars Apron Lace edge punch along with some Michael's snowflake stickers and Kaiser Craft adhesive pearls. The stamped sentiment is from PTI's Mega Mixed Messages set.

Here's a better look: It feels great to have completed all of these cards.....I can't believe I am working on Christmas stuff in September, but I'm glad I did it....THANKS MOXIE FAB WORLD for a fun, fun challenge!

3 comments:

~amy~ said...

absolutely darling cards!!! I really love the stamped one...such happy colors!

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Carla! Thanks for entering the challenges!

Anonymous said...

Those mittens with the pom pom trim are super cute!!! Great colors too!