Monday, May 17, 2010

Reached My Goal

One of the goals I set for myself when I turned 40 (last June) was to have a piece of my "work" published.  I wasn't going to be too picky about where, but I did have a few publications in mind.

Well, last week, to my surprise...I literally fell off my chair.....I received an e-mail from Alisha Gordon, Creative Editor at CARDS magazine.  She was asking for permission to publish one of my cards for the October, 2010 issue!!! Yahoo!!  I am thrilled beyond belief to have one of my teeny tiny cards in a major publication such as CARDS.  I just wanted to share the good news! (Isn't that the cutest badge above?...it's from the Girl Scout collection.)

4 comments:

Katie H. said...

Carla - I am so incredibly proud and excited for you! Your work is beautiful. As a friend, I know how much of your heart and soul goes into everything you create. Congrats and keep creating!

katherinemarie said...

A huge CONGRATS to you!!!! They are LUCKY to have you!

Jennifer W said...

Congratulations Carla. I know you are so excited. Can't wait to see it.

Lulu said...

Wooohooo!!!! Congrats to you! :)

I'm shocked you hadn't been pubbed before, and I'm sure this is the first of many. CARDS is such a good magazine to work with too, my fav!