Saturday, May 22, 2010

Trendy Twill

I needed a few quick thank you cards for some gals at school so I put these together last night using the papers in my scrap stash. I think it's fun sometimes to keep your scraps in a big pile, close to your paper cutter, and then challenge yourself to use only those scraps to put something together totally different than your original project....in this case I was working on a few scrapbook pages and found enough scraps for these cards.  Here's the first one:
Next I went to a pile of die cuts I used a few days ago from a K&Company paper pad. I've decided I'm not a huge fan of the paper pads because after a few uses I get bored with the same designs.  These pads might find their way to my garage sale pile.  The patterns are cute, but I'm ready for a change....
Are you noticing a trend with the twill? A few months back I remember putting something together and wanting some twill tape to "finish" it off.  I only had one color, and not enough of it, so I thought the next time I went craft shopping I would look for some.  Well, that was easier said than done because I couldn't find any anywhere...I decided that the twill trend must be was dead.  But, lucky for me, I found mega rolls of it this week at a going out of business sale for $2.99/each! Each roll has 72 yards...so I picked up one each of natural and white! I love it!!  And now I'm thinking I should have gotten two of each one, huh?

No comments: