Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Not So Conventional

On my "To-Do" list were two new cards, one graduation and one engagement.  I decided to go the non-traditional route and came up with these:
This fun polka dot paper just happened to be sitting on my craft desk so I thought, why not? It's fun, it's cheery and I love the colors.  And, I had another reason to use my favorite twill tape.

The cupcake sentiment stamp is from JustRite. I found the wood stamp and itty bitty letter stamps at a garage sale for $5.00. It would have been perfect for my daughter's cupcake birthday party, but for now I put it to work as the focal point on my graduation card. Why have a boring ole' graduation cap when you can have a personalized cupcake?

Next is a "Congrats" engagement card using some pretty patterned paper from my stash. I'm not sure what the wedding colors are (or even if that matters) so I went with this combination:
I "borrowed" an idea from the latest CARDS magazine as my starting point - it just so happened that I had the same exact stamps that Maile Belles used on her birthday card from page 147. She used the Vintage Labels stamp set and her Spellbinders Labels One die. Her card was such a pretty design.

That's all for now...off to make more! 

No comments: