Wednesday, June 2, 2010

With Sympathy

I must admit that although I haven't made too many sympathy cards in my lifetime, lately I seem to be making them quite often.  It's a sad thing to do, but as I reflect back on the time that my father passed away suddenly, I remember going back to the cards I received, with their kind wishes, time and time again and felt really good having the support of loving friends around me.

My good friend's Mom passed away recently and I put together this card to send her:
I wasn't really sure in what direction I wanted to go....I knew I wanted something a little "soft" to look at.  I remembered a technique that Heather Nichols demonstrated on her blog where she used a small spritz of water on to her cardstock and them stamped with pigment ink.  I tried it out and this is what I came up with.  I'm not sure if I did it right, and I was in a little bit of a hurry so I just went with my warped paper and glued it down as straight as I could.  I also referred back to this month's CARDS issue for an inspiration from Maile Belles using the Fiskars bracket border die.

All of the stamps, inks, ribbon and cardstock are from Papertrey Ink.

1 comment:

Katie H. said...

Carla - the card turned out beautifully! She is going to love it!!! So soft and heartfelt!