Thursday, August 19, 2010

Papertrey Scrappy Cards

I decided this month to participate in Papertrey Ink's "Blog Hop" held on the 25th at 8:00 P.M. (EST).  This month's challenge is a fun one.  In observance of "back to school" month the challenge is to alter a brown paper bag.  This will be my first time participating and I'm excited!!

I spent some time yesterday digging out some of my Papertrey paper pads (Bitty Dot, Dotty Biscotti and Bitty Box) along with a few favorite stamp sets to come up with a cute project (at least I think so) and it will makes its reveal on the 25th....but, after that was done, I sat looking at the pretty leftovers and didn't want them to go to waste.  I decided to make a few cards using what was left.
The first one is really simple, using paper scraps, some twine and a few flowers from my stash.  I used a lot of Papertrey's Chai Blend ink on both of these cards.
The stamped sentiment is from a Stampin' Up set I recently purchased at a garage sale.

Next is a similar, but different card using the same scrappy pile:
I also used Papertrey's original ricrack die for the first time.  I love it!!  Bad thing tho, I guess I had the pad configuration wrong on my Big Shot because I actually snapped the end off of my die.  I knew these things could break, but I'd been lucky so far...until yesterday.  At least it didn't snap in the middle of the die.
This was my favorite out of the two.  I just couldn't make two of the same card, for some reason, I had to change it up.  The sentiment on this stamp is also from Stampin' Up. I added dimension on the flower to pop it up a bit. 

I've also decided to go back to my window shots....I'm not a fan of the lighting in my craft room.  See you next time!

No comments: