Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Finishing Up & Learning Something New

Well, I thought I was just about finished with all of my Halloween goodies including these little kraft bags:
I made a few extras today using the fab & wonderful K&Company die cuts I bought from Michael's a while back.

And then I thought I would re-purpose a Starbucks bottle given to me by decorating it with some cute paper and adding a few chocolate goodies.  (I don't have a clue where the original candy went...) This will brighten someone's school cubby tomorrow.
And then I found this fun tutorial yesterday and had to give these little triangle boxes a try:
They are so nifty and so easy to make!! Where have these been all my life? Have I been living in a cave? Well, I don't know, but I will definitely be hanging on to this pattern for future's sake. And, as I was tying the last few I made this morning I thought how cool they would be to use for an advent calendar and instead of punching the "Happy Halloween" sentiment each box could be labeled with a number.  Thanks so much Angie for this awesome tutorial!!

The patterned paper and stamped image I used on these boxes are from Papertrey Ink, along with Stampin Up's Pumpkin Pie cardstock and my 1 3/4" circle punch.

I can't wait to pass these out and make more!

No comments: