Saturday, January 1, 2011

Christmas Thank You Cards

A few days ago I sat down and had the best time making a big ole' batch of Christmas Thank You cards. I began with an inspirational card sketch and I also knew I wanted to use my new Papertrey felt and Christmas tree die...I fell in love with that thing the minute I saw it.

Here's what I came up with, a few different designs:
Lots of Papertrey and Stampin' Up cardstock, a Fiskars border punch, a Cuttlebug embossing folder, a Spellbinders tag die, Papertrey stamps and as I mentioned, Papertrey felt and their fabulous tree die. I made two variations of this card, one with red buttons and one with blue buttons....a certain friend of mine has a fondness for blue and green.
And, to round the bunch out, I reached into my "felt goodies" basket and found these snowflakes from a few years back. They were the perfect touch to finish these cards. Same supplies, I just added a different felt embellishment.
I still needed a few more cards, but decided to go with something a little easier and something that would take less time to make in a large quantity....after looking at the latest CARDS magazine, I borrowed this design from the featured designer, Amy Heller.  Amy's card design can be found on page 117 of this month's issue.  Here's my interpretation:
The die cut sentiment is from Stampin' Up, the patterned paper from DCWV and the stamped stitches are from Sandylion (I've had this set for years).

Now I need to get busy writing my messages and letting everyone know just how much we enjoyed our holiday! Take care until next time!!

No comments: