Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Convention Shopping

My family headed to Orlando this past weekend to hang out and for me to attend the Scrapbook Expo convention being held at the Gaylord Palms Resort. I arrived on Friday (early) and shopped until the late afternoon. Although I heard mixed reviews about the Expo I had a good time, even with going by myself. There were lots of ladies to talk with and I even made a few new (fast) friends.  The show floor was crowded, the demo lines were long and the checkout areas very slow, so you really had to bring your patience to the arena.

I thought I would share a few of my favorite finds. I really didn't buy that much, I mainly went for the experience and just to spend the day in the crafting environment.

Here are a few of my goodies:
This pennant die was the first thing I saw that I knew, instantly, that I wanted to purchase. It is made by Lifestyle Crafts which I think is designed very similar to the QuicKutz dies because they look identical. I haven't used it yet, but intend to get it cranking this weekend.

Next up are some stamps from Jenni Bowlin. These were sold in a booth from Scrap Yard.
The last stamp is a "receipt" stamp which I thought would make a great background stamp. I used it on this card yesterday:
I also hit a booth called the "Dollar Depot" at the end of the day. I browsed around and found these great assortment of stickers by Creative Imaginations. Their booth was sooooo crowded, I think I stood in line for about 30 minutes just to check out, but we always love having cute stickers around to attach to tags and such.
I think I'll be using those Easter stickers tomorrow to make a few crafty things for the holiday.

Take care and I'll see you later!!

1 comment:

lindafulghum.com said...

I worked in the Dollar Scrapbooking booth that weekend and yes, we were extrememly busy! Thanks for being patient and waiting in line for your goodies! Enjoy!