Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Enjoying

some card making time lately...and I had a few to catch up on so that's always good when you can get two things accomplished at once!! I'm all about multi-tasking!!

Here's what I put together:
This card was made using a stamp set from Close to My Heart that I purchased while attending the Orlando scrapbook convention a few weeks ago. I had an idea in my head when I started the card, however I'm not sure this is exactly what I envisioned. Can you tell the circles are buttons? I'm not sure they "scream" buttons the way I had hoped they would. This stamp set is called, "Buttoned Together."

Next is a card I made using some Crate Paper die cuts. This is actually a thank you card, but the "Hello" sentiment from Papertrey Ink fit perfectly so I used it instead. I love that ledger paper background stamp from Jenni Bowlin.
And last is a simple card I put together for a group of ladies at my Mom's church. I attended a really nice class on canning and preserving food and they did such a wonderful job with the presentation and the food afterwards I wanted to make sure they knew how much I appreciated their efforts. I found this Mason jar stamp a long time ago at a garage sale (for $1.00) and was excited to put it to good use. I wanted to take a really simple approach (no distressing on this one) because I know what my Mom's taste is like and I thought the other ladies would have the same point of view. After I finished it I thought that maybe next time I might try masking the jar and stamping a pretty background of some kind. Isn't it funny what you think about when you finish something? If there were only more hours in the day...
The little tag says, "thanks so much."

That's it....I'll see you guys later!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the friendship card. Love the feel of embossing - your choice of colours is perfect. Inspired.